Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Perfect Movie

I think I just saw a perfect movie. Surprisingly, this movie was made in 2011, in Hollywood and Owen Wilson was one of the costars. (I kid. Wilson has made a number of movies that I like.)

The movie was positive, end to end without being sappy or stupid. All the main characters spent the entire movie chasing and choosing among different values without sacrifice. Not a single despicable character haunted the screen. Not a single "message" was added for the audience's "education". The movie took no shortcuts. The movie had a plot that didn't feel contrived.

Anyway, I was shocked to see such a movie.

Oh, by the way, the movie was "The Big Year" and starred Jack Black, Steve Martin, and Owen Wilson.

Somehow the movie only got a 40% on Rotten Tomatoes. I guess critics are stupid (like arguing with people on the Internet).

1 comment:

Gina said...

It was good:)