Wednesday, May 6, 2009

McClain Disc Golf Tournament Results

There was a tournament at Brian McClain Park over the weekend. McClain is where I play most of my disc golf. The results of that tournament are here:

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9018

For me, these are the noteworthy things about these results:

1) The lowest round was a 48. That is amazing. My lowest round on that course is a 63. I've done that a couple of times. A 48 is 15 shots better than my best score. That's almost 1 shot per hole better. That is awesome.

2) The "best" disc golfer in San Antonio didn't play in this tournament. What's up with that?

3) None of my friends played in the tournament. I thought PaulB might have played but he didn't.

4) If I had played in the "Recreational" division, I maybe could have placed in the money. I shoot a lot of 65's. Back to back 65's would have done it.

5) The difference in scores between the men and the women is dramatic. I might be as good as the best female player who played in the tournament. I saw the best female player throw a couple shots on hole 2. She was good but her scores ended up being right around what I shoot.

6) It doesn't look like anybody was sandbagging. All the scores seem to be appropriate for the divisions they are in.

7) I need to get better. The good news is that there is a lot of room for improvement.

No comments: