Wednesday, September 3, 2008

cs5513 Entrance Quiz Results

So, I missed the first day of class in Computer Architecture. During the first class, the professor gave something he called an "entrance exam" for taking the class. It tested what students knew coming into the class and was given to help students decide if they are ready to take the class or not.

Here are the results for this exam and a copy of the exam itself:

http://www.cs.utsa.edu/~dj/cs5513/entrance-quiz.html

Apparently, all but three students who took the test should consider dropping the class. That's pretty encouraging. I imagine the exam will be a pretty good predictor of student success in the class. I wonder how many students will drop?

2 comments:

F/U said...

How did I do? It's been about 5 years since I've had an architecture class or operating systems class. These answers mean I'm either really good, or have a lot of work to do.

1-C
2-C
3-C
4-D
5-C
6-D
7-C
8-A
9-B
10-E
11-E
12-C
13-C
14-C
15-A
16-C
17-A
18-D
19-B
20-E
21-D
22-C
23-B
24-B
25-A

Greg said...

Clark (if that is your real name), I don't have the answers for the quiz. So, I can't grade you. If you want a grade, please enroll in grad school for CS at the UTSA. Thanks! = )