Sunday, July 27, 2008

Updates From Where I Am


  1. I weighed in at 205.5 lbs today. That's the least I've weighed in a long time. The most I've ever weighed is 217 lbs.
  2. I played half a basketball league game today. My ankle is not 100% yet. However, it's pretty good. I had 3 points. We won. I didn't reinjure the ankle. It was a good game.
  3. This weekend I finished the initial memorization of all my abbreviations from my abbreviation project. I also wrote a few small python scripts to produce config files from the master abbreviations list and to keep the abbreviation study file up to date. The config files are for three applications that can do abbrviation expansion, emacs, pidgin, and irssi. I plan on making a web page describing the project and making the scripts and abbreviation list available.
  4. I shot a 75 today in disc golf at McClain. I started really poorly and then had a decent run of good play. The thing I'm happiest about is getting pars on the two par 4 holes. I don't think I've ever done that in a round before. On 13, my first two shots were just outstanding. My lowest rounds at McClain are now 65, 71, 75, and 75 again.

No comments: